Greater collaboration between researchers, communicators and the public
SCI:COM 2017, Ireland's largest research communication event, takes place in just over 2 weeks time with a fantastic line-up of expert international and local speakers.
SCI:COM is for anyone involved in communicating science, medicine, health, pharmaceutical, technology, engineering or patient advocacy information. It is an opportunity to learn, collaborate and network.
New Speakers Confirmed!
- The Minister for Communications, Climate Action and the Environment Denis Naughten TD will set out the Government position on science communications
- The GAA's Community and Health Manager, Colin Regan, will speak about 'How to Build Community'
- American Chamber in Ireland's Director of Programmes Miriam O'Keeffe will talk about CSR Strategies.
The 2017 theme is ‘Collaboration and Involvement’ with speakers and discussion groups to cover:
- Involving the public & communities in research design and dissemination (a major focus for Science Foundation Ireland and Horizon 2020)
- Critical discussion of STEAM initiatives (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths), is it working?
- What the arts can bring to research programmes and science communication?
Campus Engage at SCI:COM 2017:
Chair of the national Campus Engage Working Group on Engaged Research, Maura Ashead will be presenting at this year’s SCI:COM. Maura was one of the lead authors of the Campus Engage, Engaged Research Reported launched in January 2017 and her session at SciCom will focus on Involvement and Engagement, with Deirdre Garvey, CEO of The Wheel, moderating the session.
And there is much much more......see the full range of speakers, topics and booking details at https://www.scicom.ie
Proudly supported By Science Foundation Ireland, University College Dublin, ESB, Novartis, Repak, Environmental Protection Agency, Irish Research Council, British Council (Ireland) and ICrag.