During September and October 2016 the Campus Engage Engaged Research Working Group will be consulting as widely as possible with stakeholders, including academic staff, CSOs, funding agencies, policy officials and others, to gather information on engaged research challenges and enablers, case studies, impact, methods & techniques, and how to establish effective civic and civil society partnerships.
Information gathered will inform a Campus Engage - Irish Research Council National report guidelines, an associated framework for engaged research techniques, and set of recommendations for policy makers, national and EU funders.
We would like to now invite you to be a part of this project and to assist us in building shared understanding and capacity.
Our objective is to make Ireland the best country in the EU to work with on addressing ‘grand social challenges’; and to reach institutional and national EU Horizon 2020 targets.
“Engaged Research is the global term for a variety of research approaches and methodologies across disciplines that share a common interest in collaborative engagement methods, with the goal or outcome of improving, understanding or investigating an issue of public interest or concern. Engagement may be in terms of research design, acquiring and analysing data, capacity building and sharing findings”. Campus Engage, 2016
For further information on the report and consultation process please contact Kate Morris, Campus Engage, firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultation workshops will be held at the following locations:
- University College Cork - 4th October Contact Catherine O'Mahony (email@example.com) for details
- Dublin City University - 5th October Contact Padraig Murphy (Padraig.Murphy@dcu.ie) for details
- Trinity College Dublin - 13th October Contact Sarah Bowman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Maynooth University - 20th October Contact Sinead McGilloway (email@example.com) for details.
- University of Limerick - 20th October (Maura.firstname.lastname@example.org) for details
- Dublin Institute of Technology - 18st October. Contact Catherine Bates (email@example.com) for details.
- University College Dublin Contact Deirdre O'Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details
- NUI Galway Contact Ann Lyons (Anne.email@example.com) for details