Nurturing Change-Makers,Imagining a Better World
CIT Crawford College of Art and Design in Collaboration with Galway One World Centre & CKI - Community Knowledge Initiative - NUI Galway
DATE: October 14th
LOCATION: Arts & Sciences Building, NUI Galway
- Morning only workshop 10-1: Cost Free
- Afternoon only Creative fair: 2-5pm Cost: €10
- Full day option: 10am-5pm Cost: €10
BOOKING: Please follow this link to register for the event:
This creative Fair is facilitated by CIT CCAD’s Creativity and Change Programme and is run in collaboration with the One World Centre Galway, who will lead a morning workshop leading into the afternoon Creative Fair. It is Co-hosted with the CKI - Community Knowledge Initiative.
The Change-Maker Creative Fair travels around Ireland and offers a quick injection of inspiration for those who want to consider how they can support groups and learners to engage as active global citizens and change makers.
The morning workshop facilitated by Galway One World Centre will give you a chance to:
· Engage in an interactive way with Global Justice issues
· Provide you with an introduction to global justice issues, exploring themes like gender; refuge and migration; debt, tax and trade justice; sustainability; and anti-racism perspectives.
· Take away digital copies of all activities and materials used.
The creative fair will give you a chance to:
• Roll up your sleeves for a hands-on experience
• Boost your confidence in your creativity.
• Gather tools to connect your learners/ participants to global justice themes and their capacities as active global citizens. Leave with a tool-kit of inspirational activities and exercises
The activities with include stencil making, stop motion, chalkboard posters, creative writing, badge-making and inspirational reading corner.
The Event will take place at NUI Galway. When you register you will be emailed the details of the venue within NUI Galway.
Who is it for?
The programme targets change-makers, educators, activists, artists, community workers, adult educators, youth workers, volunteers and anyone who is interested how creative engagement can nurture global citizenship and empathic action around local and global justice themes.
This video is about Creative Fair 2017
Creativity & Change
Department of Arts in Health & Community Practice Crawford College of Art & Design, Cork Institute of Technology Follow us on Facebook Email us at email@example.com http://www.creativityandchange.ie