Enter the Campus Engage Competition to design a logo and slogan for the brand new national HEI volunteering website www.studentvolunteer.ie
In 2015 Irish Higher Education institutions will launch a brand new student volunteering management website studentvolunteer.ie. This new initiative will connect HEI students to volunteering organisations and their opportunities. This initiative acknowledges and celebrates the contribution that student volunteers make to our society.
The winning design and slogan will be used on the national studentvolunteer.ie website, on printed material and in promotional campaigns. This is a great chance to gain high profile coverage for your talent.
- iPad for the winning logo.
- €200 One4all voucher for the winning slogan.
Closing date for submissions:
All competition entries must be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Campus Engage, 48 Merrion Square, Dublin 2 by 5pm Monday March 23rd 2015.
You may submit as many entries as you wish for both the logo and slogan.
A panel of experts including a graphic designer and student volunteer will shortlist logos and slogans and the winners will be announced before Easter.
Studentvolunteer.ie is a tailor-made web-based database that will promote student volunteering within higher education.
Studentvolunteer.ie will allow the community/voluntary sector to register and post volunteer opportunities. Students from all higher education institutions will be able to register, browse, access and express interest in volunteering opportunities.
Target audience: All Higher Education Students as well as voluntary and community-based bodies nationwide, who will be using the service, educational providers and the general public who will view the site.
What we are looking for in a slogan:
- It should be no more than eight words long.
- The winning slogan should reflect the purpose, drive and ambition of the website studentvolunteer.ie that is to promote, support and develop student volunteering.
- It should also reflect the spirit of volunteering.
What we are looking for in the logo:
- Like the slogan, the logo should reflect the ethos of studentvolunteer.ie
- The logo should be simple, strong and distinctive in its own right as it will also be used separately to the website, e.g. in adverts, reports and other promotional materials
- Do remember that a logo often has to be used at small sizes and alongside other logos, so don’t try to make it too complicated as this detail will be lost when it is reduced to fit
- The new website studentvolunteer.ie is an initiative of the Campus Engage Network and as such the new logo should complement, but not mirror, campusengage.ie branding (logo, website etc.)
- The logo should be submitted in either high resolution JPG (A4 page 300dpi) or PDF format
- The logo can either be hand-drawn and then scanned, or designed on professional design software (Adobe CS or similar vector-based drawing software)
- Please note that the logo you create will be treated as a concept and – if necessary – may have to be adapted by Campus Engage-appointed designers to make it fully suitable for use on the website and promotional materials.
Closing date for submissions:
- All competition entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Campus Engage, 48 Merrion Square, Dublin 2 by 5pm Monday March 23rd 2015.
- You may submit more than one entry in both categories.
- A panel of experts including a graphic designer and student volunteer will shortlist logos and slogans and the winners will be announced before Easter.