The aim of this module is to introduce the student to the concept of volunteerism and community tourism. On completion of the module the learner will:
- Recognise the role of the voluntary sector to Irish society.
- Explain the importance of volunteers in event management.
- Describe the Human Resource Management function of managing volunteers in events.
- Identify appropriate management structures for developing events.
- Explain community tourism and its potential in event development.
- Review rural tourism policy, its link to community tourism and the support available for the development of community tourism projects.