On this page you will find a database of all Campus Engage publications, tools, case studies, and resources to support you, your staff, students, civic and civil society organisations to embed, scale and promote engagement across campuses and local, national and international communities.
Campus Engage Working Group members have developed and delivered training across Engaged Research for Impact and Community-based Teaching and Learning to hundreds of staff across the higher educations sector in Ireland and abroad.
If you would like to avail of future training opportunities, please add your details to the following datab: Engaged Research for Impact List; or the Community-based Teaching and Learning List. We will contact you via email when training is made available.
Engaged Research for Impact Workshop
Society & Higher Education – Working Together to Address Grand Societal Challenges.
In Association with
Target audience: advanced and early stage researcher, research support staff.
By attending this one-day training workshop, researchers will:
- Deepen their understanding of principles of Engaged Research for Impact;
- Gain knowledge of engaged research funding calls, proposal and project life cycle;
- Gain knowledge of engagement methods, activities and the Campus Engage Engaged Research Framework;
- Build capacity and competency in planning for impact and drafting associated impact targets;
- Deepen understanding on why Engaged Research is important for society, and the individual researcher.
The workshop is complemented by bespoke training slides, case studies, impact planning tool, hands-on exercises.
The Campus Engage Community-based Teaching and Learning Workshop
Educators – accredit students for solving real world problems
Target audience: teaching and learning staff
By attending this one-day training workshop, higher education teaching staff will:
- Learn about the rationale for community-based teaching and learning (CBR/ CBL);
- Deepen their understanding of impact on CBR/ CBL student learning outcomes;
- Access inspirational case studies;
- Receive guidelines on adapting your curriculum to incorporate CBR/CBL;
- Build capacity in designing CBR /CBL assessment techniques.